I have worked at Toys R Us for over 7 years in total, right up until they closed their doors in January of 2022. Throughout my time with Toys R Us, I had many roles including cashier, sales associate, world sales leader, customer service associate, customer service agent (online), inventory auditor, shipping and receiving, online orders, and play day ambassador. My experiences here have helped me grow my communication and problem solving skills.

This is a photo of me from Halloween 2018 when I dressed up as Emma Wiggle for work. I even dyed my hair to commit to this role.

Play Day Ambassador

Through in-person play day events at Toys R Us, I have dealt with many children and parents of various backgrounds. My role was to interact with the children and introduce them to the activities, helping them if needed. Depending on the event, my role switched from monitor to helper. It also gave me experience reading to children as some events were literature-based. Not only did I interact with the kids, but I also interacted with their guardians. There were some events where I needed to get guardian signatures and make sure they were not overtaking the events. I learned that some parents are very hands-on and want to be in control, which can lead to awkward situations. Through this experience, I have gained practice working with kids and their parents/guardians in playful and interactive situations.

People in Motion Summer Camp Staff Member

Throughout the summer of 2022, I was given the opportunity to work at People in Motion Kamloops as a summer camp staff member. During this time, I was able to work with many children with diverse abilities. Our team was responsible for the care of the children as we went on various field trips throughout the interior of British Columbia. The field trips ranged in duration from 4 hours to 8 hours (depending on the drive). During this time, I learned how to better improve my communication and behaviour intervention skills.

This photo was taken on our trip to the Clearwater Fish Hatchery.
This photo was taken from our trip to Funny Duck’s Family Farm, just past Westsyde in Kamloops.